Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 340 - Nightly Roundup





1. Happy, passionate marriage to Greg. Check.

2. Enjoy and nurture kids. - The kids helped hang the hat rack I got several weeks ago shopping with mom at an antique mall in Kai's room. Kirk had his first experience using a stud finder and hammer. He's feeling very Bob the Builder;-).

3. Publish the Frugal Millionairess in 2010. - Created my "invisible writing counselors" poster- yes I know this sounds a bit whacky;-). In the book Think and Grow Rich, Napolean Hill wrote about employing invisible counselors. He would "meet" with his group before bed each night - Emerson, Paine, Edison, Darwin, Lincoln, Burbank, Napolean, Ford, and Carnegie. Hill's purpose was to "remake my character to represent a composite of the characters of my imaginary counselors". He would try to draw from each of their strengths. I thought it sounded like a creative idea and saw an outdated calendar of great writers at a thrift store so I took five of the women writers and cut out their bios and photos and hope that I can draw ideas from Emily Dickinson, Sarah Orne Jewett, Kate Chopin, Jane Austin, and Harriet Beecher Stowe. Quite a good group to have tea with;-).


4. Found and build a successful dual use educational company - Spent a lot of time today working on the perfect name for my company.


5. Complete all four sides and center of backyard into a groomed, beautiful, bird sanctuary. In about 15 minutes I finally got the blueberry bush from Grandma in the ground, the bird feeders filled and the cannas dug. Not a bad quarter hour!

6. Spirit/catchall - To experience and share joy, be in the moment, and laugh at least 20 times a day. Had a lovely long chat with my friend in CA.

7. To be and feel healthy and beautiful. Ten minutes of pilates.

8. To achieve FI by 2010. -Big crockpot lasagna to help out with some upcoming meals.

9. To create a beautiful and organized home that adds happiness to our lives.- Organized one drawer in our big hutch.

10. To continually build my business knowledge by increasing my business vocabulary. Day after recall test, demographics, direct response, common stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment