Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 285 - Nightly Roundup


A day with some anxiety about the whole business undertaking creeping in around the sides. It is that sort of unease that makes your breathing shallow and your mind continually spinning what ifs in the negative. Greg and I were up talking last night and he admitted that sometimes he too wonders if we have what we need to tackle such an enormous undertaking. Some part of me realizes this first set of doubts probably kills a lot of great ideas. You're just past the euphoria of the "big idea" and the execution issues and all their attendant challenges are showing themselves and it all seems a Herculean undertaking. But I'm hoping that by pushing through this first set of angst, we'll be past a big hurdle. An analogy might be that when a rocket ship takes off, a huge part of its energy is just breaking through earth's gravity field to start, then much less energy is required to stay the course.

Also helpful are reminders of the really big picture. Our time on earth here is limited and it should be one of joy and stretching, but realizing it is all temporary and the purpose is to grow as much as anything. I have a saying up in the kitchen that speaks to this. I'm not sure if you can read it in the picture. The text is as follows:

A Precious Human Life

"Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it, I am going to use all my energies to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others. I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can." His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama


So on to tonight's round-up and thanks for letting me share my anxieties.

Marriage - Check.
Parenting - Kai went into the pool! Kirk came over after his lesson and Kai agreed to sit down next to him, then threw a little ball and went with the instructor out into the pool to get it. And Antoinette - the instructor did ask over and over to go in, so that seems to have worked too.
Business - We met with a company here today that does websites and other marketing to share the concept and get a proposal for the cost to start down that part of the path.
Book - Got an email from the NY writer that she is going to send her proposal. Don't know how it will all play out. Maybe we will go that route, maybe she will be a consultant to the group of university students who will write it. We soon need to come up with a final plan and just get started. There is some quote Greg often uses about perfection being the enemy of the good. We may have to correct as we go, but that may be better than too much planning waiting for the perfect concept to appear.
FI - Have been eating a fair number of the meals I made early in the week.
Spirit - Going to read more in the Power of Now - a calmer as of course worries are always in the future!
Health - Followed the Body for Life food part a bit better today. Only slip-up would be a Doctor Pepper and not enough protein.
Garden - Had a nice long chat with my neighbor as we walked around the block about her horticulture class she just started and the whole conversation reminded me how much I love plants;-).
House - Pretty sorry looking tonight - and I don't have the energy to do a thing, so that may just have to be a cop out for tonight.
Bus. Vocab - recourse loan, long term equity anticipation, interstate commerce commission, investment tax credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment