Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 280 - Nightly Roundup

Went to my improv class tonight - one of my goals this year was to go beyond my comfort zone and this really did that. It was a bit scary, but not as bad as I thought and all the other students (10 in the class that range from a high school freshman to a 70 year old former actress) were supportive. I hope to become more comfortable in a wide variety of social situations as a result. Outside of my role as teacher, I have a really hard time - things like pre-dinner cocktail chit-chat is somewhere between pulling teeth and a weightlifting session;-)

Marriage - check.
Parenting - Dinner at McDonalds with about five minutes to spare - not so good, but I did start reading a book about having more meaningful/fun minutes with your kids during dinner times - so hope to incorporate some of those ideas soon.
Business - Had a good meeting with some of the people at a local college to see what work students would be able to do on the website.
Book - Just a bit of brainstorming
FI - This is really stretching it, but I had thought I would need to pay for lunch today and someone else insisted on picking up the tab.
Health - Bad on food again - thinking of joining a weight watchers to get those final 10 pounds. Did a tiny, tiny bit of weight work.
Spirit - Will do a "universal mind meditation" c.d. that always makes me think big picture and feel peaceful when I go to bed.
Garden - Gave my about to bloom lovely red amaryllis a good drink.
House - Needs help!
Bus. Vocab - just came in from class and still have a lot to do, so I'm giving myself the night off on this one.

Goodnight and good wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment