Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 314 - Nightly Roudup

My five year old dropped my digital camera, cracking the case and rendering it unusable, so no photos. I did call about a used one for $40 on Craigslist that I'm going to look at tomorrow.

Marriage - Check.
Parenting - Lots of good quality play time.
Business - Still working on the business presentation.
Book - Will read a bit tonight on character development.
Spirit- Lovely long chat with a good friend on the phone.
Health- Walking dogs with neighbor.
Garden - This may be a bit lame, but I watched about 15 minutes of a garden show while I did the elliptical machine, enough to make me eager to spring.
FI - Doing fairly well keeping grocery costs low.
House - Three more minutes of the photo drawers, which are beginning to show some slight progress.
Bus. Vocab. Vision, word of mouth advertising, wear out, word painting

2 comments:

  1. Eileen,
    I am sorry to hear about your camera. I use mine everyday. It's both a creative outlet and a wonderful tool. It helps me to keep in touch with my family in CA as well. It was a gift and was pretty pricey. My kids still covet it and want to take pictures with it. I really jump at the chance to let my kids be creative and participate in activities I think are within their abilities, and I WANT to let them take pictures, but not really with my camera. I did shop around online for used and cheap cameras. I didn't see anything I liked, and I had some specific criteria in mind.
    I posted an ad on a community "yard sale" site when I decided to buy my kids digital cameras. Quite a few people responded and one person, a nice woman who wanted to "declutter" and buy a new digital SLR, sold me two digital cameras (originally purchased in '98) that (as I spcified) took an SD card and regular AA batteries for $15 (together). My kids use these camera for such pursuits as photographing the cat, taking pictures of our yard, leaves, grass, each other, and so on. Exactly as I had hoped.

    I am going to post this story on my blog, as I have been meaning to...

    Good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antoinette, That is really a great idea! I can see using it to teach colors, shapes, and other things and even to illustrate a story they might write. I'm going to keep my eye out for some cheap used ones too. Thanks for sharing. Eileen

    ReplyDelete