Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 231 - Nightly Roundup





Achievement is largely the product of steadily raising one's level of aspiration and expectation. Jack Nicklaus

All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he knows where he wants to go and what he wants to be or do. Norman Vincent Peale


Marriage - Check.
Parenting - Kai and I worked on some puzzles and Kirk and I made shapes out of toothpicks and raisins as part of his math homework. In the picture above you can see the SRA Your Reading Power that Kirk and I have been working through. We are to the 32 story and he loves the stories and I am astounded to see how his comprehension is coming along. It is a really good program. I got it at a thrift store for $2 - a true bargain!!!
Business - Got a second answer to the ad for video taping and hope between the two, one of the will work out. One is actually a student of film and has done editing so that would be great.
Book - Spent a solid hour with my writers today at the University and their stories and writing are really coming along. It's fun to watch it take shape. We run into various problems with characters and plot lines and how much license to take with history. I gave each their 10 library books, but in the interest of time - hoping to have Jack's first book done by end of April to start the editing process, Adam is going to leave Lewis and Clark for a few weeks and just focus on getting as much historical research as possible to give authenticity to the story. The first of the Revolutionary trilogy is the battle of Concord and Lexington, which includes Paul Revere's ride. We will probably have the first chapter on the company website at some point.
FI - I'm not sure how this counts, but I had my car in for its 90k check up - something I rarely do but it had a bit of a wobble. So it turns out the brakes needed work, the tires aligned, the timing belt was due for replacement, and it needed an oil change - all for $758 - Yikes! But hoping this will get me through the next 60k miles with just oil changes.
Garden - In the picture you can see my cannas all planted in and set under florescent lights in the basement. It would be fun if the leaves were breaking the surface when we get back from our trip.
Health - Personal training session with my friend. Two more to go.
Spirit - Listened to a good tape on attitude on my drive home. It had a good point that the concept, "I'll be nice to people if they are nice to me" puts you always in a reactive mode as opposed to setting the tone and being proactive.
House - Could use some major tidying up tonight, but that may have to wait until tomorrow. I don't know how we get so messy so fast??!!
Bus. Vocab - joint venture, variable cost, forward outright rate, banner

No comments:

Post a Comment