Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 230 - Nightly Roundup



Now may every living thing,
young or old, weak or strong,
living near or far, known or unknown,
living, departed or yet unborn,
may every living thing be full of bliss.
Buddha c. 653-483 BC


Go forth into the busy world and love it. Interest yourself in life, mingle kindly with its joys and sorrows, try what you can do for others rather than what you can make them do for you, and you will know what it is to have friends. Ralph Waldo Emerson. 1805-1882
Kai and I hung out today waiting for Kirk to get done with school so we could go to Iowa for their spring break at the farm. Kai did some serious "Pampers Art" and had a good time "helping" with the laundry by making the basket in to his own personal boat. Tomorrow morning we head to Hawaii - hurrah!!! Can't wait to see my friends, spend a lot of time with Greg, and study the plants, birds, and flowers.

Marriage - check
Parenting - Kai and I had some quality time today and Kirk and I enjoyed listening to several tape stories on the drive to Iowa - Kai fell asleep. I've become a huge fan of the books on tape as they have wonderful readers, encourage a lot of thinking (we listened to one on the solar system) and improve vocabulary - all while the mini-van is eating up miles on the road;-).
Business - Nada
Book - Nada
Health - Will do cardio tonight.
Gardening - When I got back, it was still light out so I spent about an hour wheeling leaves and sticks and generally tidying up. I loved seeing the various flowers starting to pop up. Likely when we return there will be daffodils blooming.
Spirit - Really realized how blessed I was to have such wonderful inlaws, who are crazy about our kids and always so happy to have them stay. I have no doubt Greg is such a great guy because his mom and dad are truly wonderful. Also listened to a good tape on the drive back about integrity.
FI - Packed a brown bag supper that I ate on the drive back - saving about $6.50 at Subway, my usual dinner when I make that drive.
House - Still tidying up. We get back Easter morning, on a red eye flight and both sides of our family arrive at 1 p.m. for Easter lunch - wish us well;-).
Bus. Vocab - nada

No comments:

Post a Comment