Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 320 - Nightly Roundup


Marriage - Check.
Parenting - Book reading, but I must acknowledge that I wasn't in the best mommy mood tonight. The house is a bit of a disaster and my neighbor will be coming while we're gone to use the oven for her big celebration and watch Brandi. So I've been trying to tidy up. When I asked the kids to help, Kirk whined/cried for about 15 minutes that it wasn't fair that he had to do more than Kai (who is two) and Kai preferred to just keep climbing into the block bin and jumping on mommy hollering "Rock a bye Mommy!!" Note to self, messy house = WAY less tolerance in general and my nerves do better with some sense of order, especially with a deadline;-).
Book - Greg gave me an interesting book written by Orson Scott Card about developing characters which I am starting to read as I organize the 100 greatest minds boys' book series.
Business - Completed the revised application for the mentor program. I will present it next week.
Garden - Added to the compost pile.
FI - Worked out the first draft of a revised budget to help lower our household costs to account for extra business costs of the Curiosity Cottage.
Spirit- Going to see a movie late tonight with a friend about Coco Channel- very much looking forward to this!
Health/beauty - 30 minutes cardio.
House- Fixed a cabinet door that wasn't closing properly.
Bus. Vocab - Product life cycle, product positioning, promotion, promotion mix

2 comments:

  1. Eileen,
    Funny, in my house it's the littlest one who wants to offer her bumbly -though enthusiastic- help and the older ones who try their darnedest to ignore me and go on with their business.

    I won't even try to tell you how much of a mess I need to conquer before 5pm tonight....

    -Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good wishes Antoinette. I've been there;-). At the entrepreneur conference, someone was pitching the idea of robots as nurses (which is being done to a small extent in Japan I guess because of a labor shortage and aging population??) and I thought if only they could get robots to clean houses, that would be a GREAT invention. Just getting back from the Coco Channel movie. It was a bit depressing. She was left at an orphanage at a young age and life in other ways didn't turn out (I won't give away any more of the film), but she was quite a human being! Goodnight! Eileen

    ReplyDelete