Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dead Best-Selling Author....




If you believe there are no coincidences, then if something catches your attention, there is a reason. Today, as I was waiting in line at the grocery store, someone behind me was talking about several best selling books he'd just gotten to read. My ears perked up as I unloaded watermelon onto the checkout counter. The speaker then said, "And here's the weird part, the guy dies after he's finished the books, then, like, four of them become best-sellers!"

Definite lesson there to be in the moment, to put process over product, and to enjoy the journey! I have a great quote over my kitchen sink to not rush, to enjoy the moment, to realize this moment is just as important, more so really, than any future moment.

While far from the Dalia Lama in this endeavor, I do find I'm a bit more able to do this as time passes. It's something I have to be conscious of and work at, but when I'm in the moment, it all feels more real and more fun.

Good wishes. Off to walk the dogs with my neighbor, hopefully present with each footfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment