Friday, July 19, 2013

Save money by decluttering!






Inspired after reading about how "stuff" keeps Americans from doing the stuff they'd like - spending time in the yard - I started on a new goal - 2,000 items out by the end of the month.  The first 200 were frighteningly easy;-)  Interestingly, the person at Goodwill who helped us unload told me  he has "NOTHING" extra at his apartment.  He said he sees people coming in with entire pick up trucks full of stuff and now sees it as just extra baggage so to speak.

Now, not only feeling lighter,  I found three things I'd been looking for and realize we have doubles of quite few things, like pet medicines, that I won't need to buy.  These are all financial savings.  Out of curiosity, I Googled "Does decluttering save you money?"  Here are a few links that say yes!

Best wishes!

Decluttering saves you money: http://www.chieffamilyofficer.com/2013/02/10-ways-decluttering-saves-you-money/

Decluttering your home room by room: http://www.livingonadime.com/decluttering-your-home/

No comments:

Post a Comment