Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Writing Course - Terrific!





The one week summer writing course here at the University was just wonderful! I really felt the time and money were well spent. There were six writers and one instructor and we focused a lot on revisions - what was good and what needed to be polished. It was nice to meet the other writers, all of whom have the same hopes and dreams of getting published and our instructor was terrific. Lunches were done with a notebook and scads of notes from the morning session. The last day I treated myself to some annuals for the deck. The book is coming along, but sometimes the whole process seems painfully slow. Wishing you all the best on your journeys.

2 comments:

  1. Eileen,
    Hello! It's good to read you're making so much progress. I know it's slow.
    I am planning a yard sale for the weekend of the first.... Any tips?
    I feel weird about posting our address on ads, but I am considering it. Where we live, yard sales are only permitted on the first weekend of the month, so I have a week to figure out any thing I haven't thought of yet.

    Thanks for keeping us up on your ups and downs, it's a good reminder for me, to appreciate the little things and keep tabs on myself.

    -Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Antoinette, I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. I kind of abandoned the blog with the kids home the days just fly and sometimes I get a bit blue that the book is going so, so, so slowly - but any progress is something to celebrate. Hope you sale was a lot of fun and a success too. Best wishes. Eileen

    ReplyDelete