Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Can I do this for free?





As I was organizing my bookshelves today, I came across the book "How I Lived a Year on Just a Pound a Day" by Kath Kelly. It was inspiring to see how much creativity she used and how she did actually succeed, sometimes on less than a pound a day. So it was on my mind today and the thought, "Can I do this for free?" popped up several times.

My brother had called to say he'd forgotten his sunglasses here at Easter and would I mail them. So I thought, "Can I do this for free?" (sans postage) and the answer was yes. I had a box sitting out to recycle and a found a grocery sack (harder to find now that we bring our own bags but my mom saves them for me too). Turned the bag inside out, wrapped the box, and there you go, all set to mail - for free;-). And as is usually the case with frugality, the Earth's resources get a break too. Good wishes! Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment